8333/8333 registry probs?

rickf 09:54 17 Dec 2010

Hi, When I powered my Laptop last night it came up with the above message. I had to power down using the start up button. On powering up it when to chdsk and checked the disc. This happened twice, the prob that is, and now it's OK. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Thanks Have I got a virus? Have scanned the disc and came up with nothing, a clean bill of health.

T I M B O 16:54 02 Feb 2011

Normally a chkdsk happens because of a failing hard drive.

Prolly best to back up all ur documents.

Some manufactures have 3/5 years warranty.

birdface 17:22 02 Feb 2011

Well I removed Office 2002 from my sons computer using Revo Uninstaller and had to delete about 20.000 registry details from it.
Panic what to do.
So did as I was asked and removed the lot and when finished had to reboot the computer.
And you can guess what happened It rebooted with no problems what a relief.
[On powering up it when to chdsk]
My son had that on his older computer and what it was was the resolution had changed in the display for some reason.
Maybe check that the resolution is set right and also check device manager to make sure there are no yellow exclamation marks beside display.

rickf 17:25 02 Feb 2011

Pleasantly surprised to get reponses after all this time. Thanks anyway. Goes to prove it's a good site. The prob has disappeared after I defragmented and then clean disc.
Cheers

T I M B O 18:21 02 Feb 2011

You are welcome !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?