80072efd

Mickymoo 08:18 18 Jun 2009

Hi

Am hoping someone can help!

I keep getting an error message 80072efd when my computer tries to update. It hasn't updated since April!

I have tried the troubleshooting tips but they don't seem to help. I have Norton 360 and to be honest have no idea how to sort out the firewall settings!!

I have installed and run Ccleaner including the registry cleaner but this also doesn't seem to have helped!!

Does anyone have any idea what I can try next??

Thanx!

Ex plorer 08:50 18 Jun 2009

Try this
click here

Mickymoo 09:05 18 Jun 2009

thanx but not keen to try regcure as have read far too many bad reviews!

Thanx anyway though!

lotvic 13:17 18 Jun 2009

Do NOT click on Ex plorer's link site has bad reputation for phishing, scam, malware etc. (WOT report)

Regcure is known as a scam program and people who promote it are usually on commission (you click on their link to it and they get paid)

Read others experience on pcadvisor thread click here

lotvic 13:22 18 Jun 2009

See click here from Microsoft.com for the possible reasons and solution for your update problem.

Ex plorer 16:54 18 Jun 2009

Hi sorry about the link I posted earlier I had know idea it was phishing or scam site, I do not have any connection with it what so ever.
I post on PCA quite often to give help and advice once again my apologies.

lotvic 20:20 18 Jun 2009

ok Ex plorer, no probs, but it is an example of danger of recommending sites and programs that we have no personal knowledge of.

This is the Web Of Trust browser add on that I use click here not 100% proof but better than nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?