IN 8 endlessly repeating error message

amybowman 22:44 11 Oct 2009

Since upgrading to this yesterday I keep getting the message:

Data execution Prevention: To help protect your computer windows has closed this program:

Name: Internet Explorer
Publisher: Microsoft

Then I get: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close:

So I follow that through and double click again and then it's ok and doesn't close the program.

If I follow the advice of the first message and go to control panel then system and change the settings and restart the computer it always comes back!

Previously I was in IE 6 and was still having this trouble but it was only the second message (mentioned above) and usually only when opening Facebook.

It is driving me crazy, I can't think how to solve this. I has been told that upgrading to IE8 would solve any problems but clearly it's created more. Please can someone help me out, I'll appreciate it so much!

rdave13 23:31 11 Oct 2009

Try this; In IE8 go to tools - internet options-advanced tab and click on the reset tab. See if that helps. You'll need to manage your addons again but a few at a time.

amybowman 13:35 19 Oct 2009

Thanks so much, I think your suggestion has solved this also I still occasionally get a "This application has to close" message but the other one seems to have gone after following your advice which was simple. Thanks a million. x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?