7dayshop.com telling the truth or is it just me?

GEEKSTA 22:39 18 May 2007

I was looking for a memory stick 4gb and i came across click here and then i seen the speed which was 15 MB/s , then i came across click here which was exactly the same but the speed was different , it was 1.5 MB/sec. Big difference huh?

I had told my friend about this deal on 7dayshop.com and he had bought the minute he seen it! before even telling me
When he got it there was no speed information on the packaging of that very memory stick from 7dayshop.com.

I dont know which one is the correct information??
Any one want a dip in this and help me out??
Thanks

bluto1 22:49 18 May 2007

I`d be inclined to ask them about it. Look for the `Contact us` and click on it for options on how to get in touch. I`m sure it`s a genuine error.

Stuartli 23:56 18 May 2007

7DayShop is a very efficient and reliable online retailer.

About three or four months ago it sold a product that was not, IIRC, genuine and was down to its suppliers.

7DayShop immediately took steps to rectify the situation when made aware of the problem and replaced the item without quibble.

Meshuga 06:41 19 May 2007

It is possible that the decimal point had been missed out in the printing of the 15 item which should have read 1.5 but, as GEEKSTA said, ask them, they are a reliable firm.

€dstowe 07:53 19 May 2007

Is that speed difference important to you?

I would think for less than £20, even 1.5MB/sec is very good value.

I bought some Samsung pen drives from 7 Day Shop a few weeks ago. I don't have a clue how fast they read/write but it's certainly far faster than would be of importance to anyone.

mahalo 08:27 19 May 2007

I have had to contact them a couple of times and they are very quick to reply and extremely helpful, I might add one of the times the problem was my own fault.
Cheers.

anchor 12:10 19 May 2007

The 2Gb version of the Dane Elec, on sale at Amazon states this:

Speed Rating:

11 MB/s (read)

4.2 MB/s (write)

spuds 14:08 19 May 2007

I use 7dayshop on many occasions, especially for original inkjet cartridges. Always found them very efficient and obliging with good prices, that in some cases are hard to match. Drop them an email, and I am sure that will resolve the issue. If anything is wrong, they will replace or refund, as per their policy.

GEEKSTA 21:38 21 May 2007

Ok so i have learnt that 7dayshop is well known and reliable and not just a scam!
I will give them an email, and let you know what will happen.
Thanks.

Totally-braindead 21:41 21 May 2007

GEEKSTA I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, in fact I'm just pricing some stuff I want just now and it'll either be going to 7dayshop or Choice Stationery deoending on price and what I actually need.

woodchip 23:38 21 May 2007

I have had good service from them. I got a Quick Charger for NiMa AA batteries it stopped working. just E-Mailed them they said send it back for replacment i also got postage back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?