7-Zip vulnerability Kaspersky Internet Security

altens 14:36 09 Jun 2017

After a vulnerability scan with Kaspersky Internet Security I was advised to downnload the latest version of 7-Zip. What is this and is it safe to download. I use Windows 10. Many thanks in advance

lotvic 14:57 09 Jun 2017

You obviously have already got 7-zip installed or Kaspersky wouldn't have checked it. Look in your list of programs.

7-zip is a free open source file compress/uncompress program. It is very popular and is the one I use, you can download the latest version from filehippo click here and choose 64bit or 32bit as appropriate for your system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 09 Jun 2017

have Kaspersky and 7 zip but Not throwing it up on mine.

Peazip free is considered to be better than 7 zip now.

but if all you want to do is open zip files windows can now do that automatically.

rdave13 17:45 09 Jun 2017
  MJS WARLORD 22:26 09 Jun 2017

get rid of 7 zip and use free rar frog

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?