6 days left of trial version AVG

Halmer 16:47 06 Sep 2009

Just booted my laptop up and had a message that I have 6 days left of the trial version.

I thought that I had the free version.

Has anyone else had this?

birdface 17:06 06 Sep 2009

Not quite sure but does it not automatically go revert to the free version.

Technotiger 17:08 06 Sep 2009

As buteman says, normally such trial versions automatically revert to being the Free versions, at the end of the trial period.

Halmer 17:30 06 Sep 2009

after using AVG for over five years.

Halmer 19:22 06 Sep 2009

happened on my main PC also as they were both updated to version 8.5.409 on the same day.

Sea Urchin 19:57 06 Sep 2009

You have unwittingly downloaded the trial version of AVG Internet Security - which confusingly has the same version number (8.5.409) as the free AVG Free Edition.

You'll need to uninstall that and then download the correct free version.

click here

Halmer 21:54 06 Sep 2009

the trial version must have been put on the file hippo site because that's all I ever use.

Sea Urchin 23:47 06 Sep 2009

I have to say that sounds unlikely on FileHippo - so there may be some other strange explanation for your "six days left". Whatever the reason I would still try re-installing.

ened 06:24 07 Sep 2009

Try Avast.

It is also free.

I had used AVG for years and only switched because I had problems with an upgrade but now I much prefer Avast.

AVG never once gave me a warning about a connection, yet when I ran a scan it would occasionally find a virus.

Avast gives me warnings if I open a dodgy page and the opportunity to 'Abort' and never once has it found a virus during a Full Scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?