5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM CONNECTION TO PC-WHICH SOCKETS?

rotormota 12:39 07 May 2005

Hi,
Does anyone have an idea which socket/s my Herao 5.1 speakers connect to on the PC?

The leads supplied are the red & white type both ends which the PC does not have the correct sockets for. What I have done is use a red & white to 3.5mm jack instead which the PC accepts but all I am getting is continuous interference noise.

The woofer has sockets for aux, coaxial & optical. The red & white leads I am using are coming out of the aux.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,
Adzzam

Joe R 12:45 07 May 2005

rotormota,

what soundcard are you using.?

The subwoofer and centre speaker, should connect to a Green socket.

Joe R 12:48 07 May 2005

Also meant to add, you should go to control panel-sounds and audio devices, and click on the advanced button in the speaker settings, and ensure it is set to 5.1 surround, and apply.

rotormota 19:50 07 May 2005

Oh dear! This 5.1 speaker set up only has these red & white RCA plugs & lead which go from the AUX on the back of the subwoofer.

Anyone know if I connect this to a PC in anyway? Obviously the PC doesn't have RCA sockets so I tried a 3.5 jack with the RCAs plugged into it & connected via the green socket on the PC sound card but all I got was continuous reverb noise.

It says compatible with 5.1 sound cards but I wonder how?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adzzam.

SANTOS7 20:06 07 May 2005

click here
this may help,good luck.......

rotormota 20:51 07 May 2005

Thanks for that but the PC is set up OK. It is the physical connections i.e. how do I get sound from the PC sound card using RCA lead & plugs?

Cheers.

SANTOS7 21:06 07 May 2005

Having done a bit of research into Harao speaker systems it seems they are very new to PC there popularity with PS2 and DVD have prompted the lean towards PC it may well be the package you have bought has only come supplied with cables to fit either PS2 OR DVD...............

rotormota 21:20 07 May 2005

I think this is the case. Cheers anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?