5.1 or 6.1 sound?

m500dpp 16:50 05 Nov 2006

I have an asus a8v-vm Mobo which claims to have 6 channel sound. However it only has the usual 3 sockets, lime out, blue input and pink for mic. how can i connect up the 6 channels, the spkrs I have come with 3 plugs, lime black and orange....?? all a bit confusing!!!!

Totally-braindead 16:53 05 Nov 2006

Look at your manual.

Mine uses the connections for the Line Out, Line In and Mike In as well.

phono 16:59 05 Nov 2006

You can probably reassign the blue and pink jacks to other speaker outputs, as Totally-braindead has already said, consult your manual or visit the Asus website.

Totally-braindead 17:03 05 Nov 2006

If your Asus motherboard uses the same sound software as mine just double click on it, it'll be in the taskbar and go to speaker configuration and select either 5.1 or 6.1 sound and it'll show you what plugs to use.

Stuartli 19:07 05 Nov 2006

Line In (top socket) is usually the two rear channels, Line Out (middle) the two front channels and Mic (bottom) the Centre and subwoofer.

The conversion from Line In, Line Out and Mic to all three being Line Out is done when selecting (in my case) Four Channel Output For Six Channel use to create Six Channel Mode for Six Speaker output from the Speaker Configuration tab (I have a Realtek onboard sound chipset).

By the way the Realtek sound (and that of a previous C-Media 8378 onboard chipset) is very little different to that of a Creative SoundBlaster Live! sound card I also have, used with my IBM 2.1 speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?