4Meg pictures to send by E-Mail?

Pamy 19:48 29 May 2004

Hello everyone,
I have some pictures taken at 4 Megapixels that I would like to e-mail to a friend, so how do I compact them so that they do not take for ever for my friend to dowload on dial-up but still be of good quality?

Pamy

roy 19:57 29 May 2004

Do you have WinXP?

Pamy 20:04 29 May 2004

Roy, Yes

Al94 20:07 29 May 2004

Regardless of your operating system, here's a free programme that will do what you want. click here

Pamy 20:21 29 May 2004

Al94,
thanks , that appears to be what I nead I will download it latter and give it a try
I would still like to have more details from Rob about using XP.
Many thanks,

Pamy

TomJerry 21:22 29 May 2004

There is a picture resize program with MS XP Powertoy which can be downloaded from microsoft.

But I think you maybe better off to get irfanview click here which is a great free pitcure viewing and handling program. The best thing after the slice bread.

mulligan 22:03 29 May 2004

A very simple way in WinXP is to right click on the file, then Send To> Mail Recipient and follow the prompts, eg "Make all my pictures smaller" with show more options giving the choice of small at 640x480, medium 800x600 and large 1024x768. Alternatively the same menu can be reached by clicking on "E-mail this file" in the File and Folder Tasks bar (enable in Toolds>Folder Options>Show Common Tasks in Folders).

ahales42 22:06 29 May 2004

with aol, i can save my pics online and simply email the link. perhaps your isp can do the same?

Pesala 22:06 29 May 2004

Quote:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:

· A license is granted only after the payment of the license fee. This is also called registration.

· If no license fee has been payed, the product can be used for evaluation purposes for a maximum period of 30 days.

I believe that XP has the option to email a picture direct from Windows Explorer menu.

Pamy 22:24 29 May 2004

Once again many thanks to you all for your suggestions. I will investigate them all.

Pamy

roy 22:55 29 May 2004

Hi Pamy. Sorry I didn't have time to look back earlier.Yes, Pesala has pointed to it in his posting. Anyway, in full, I presume first that your pictures are all in a folder. Select the pics you want to email; on the left side of the window you should see File and Folder Tasks and in that there is an option to email them. When selected it then gives you the option to compress them. I hope you can follow this.

Roy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?