478 socket micro ATX mobo with PCI-E

ecclesk 00:08 10 Jan 2007

Can any one recomend a 478 socket micro ATX mobo which has PCI-Express for my GFX card.

I have an old P4 rig (currenty on a standard ATX mobo)

I also have a nice micro ATX case i would like make use of, so i'm thinking get a cheap micro ATX mobo and put the P4 rig into the case, i could then use it for a media center.

i have found a seen a couple online but nowhere has any in stock, (Asrock P4Dual-915GL & Asus P4RD1-MX)

i'm starting to think i'll never be able to get one

any advice would be greatly appriciated.

DrScott 01:08 10 Jan 2007

rather hard to find, as I too am in the market for one. Ebay is one option. I also found this at Scan (my favourite computer component retailer):

click here

ecclesk 07:52 10 Jan 2007

thanks for the info, but the you show does not have PCI-Express.

At last after days of searching i found the Asrock P4Dual-915GL at ccs-computers.co.uk and the Asus P4RD1-MX at laptopsandpcs.co.uk.

Totally-braindead 10:26 10 Jan 2007

I think thats about all you will find I'm afraid. I looked about the companies I use last night and found no board that meets your requirements, found a few with AGP but none with PCI Express.
Depending on the price and spec I would go for the ASUS, ASROCK I think is owned by ASUS as well and I've built 2 computers using ASROCK boards and they have been fine. My own PC which I built last year is based on an ASUS board and they are my favourites at present.
Have a look on Toms Hardware website and see if you can get reviews of these two boards and see what they say about them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017