4 Vista updates wont install

Halmer 08:17 10 Sep 2008

Is anyone else having this problem with today's round of updates? For some reason 4 Vista security updates repeatedly wont install. I've never had this issue before.

H

crosstrainer 08:39 10 Sep 2008

Check firewall / antivirus settings, temporarily disable whilst installing.

Halmer 08:43 10 Sep 2008

It's KB955302 that seems to be the troublesome one. I've done the others one by one OK. This one installs OK but when it reboots I get a message that it hasn't configured properly.

Will try your suggestion thanks.

FatboySlim71 09:04 10 Sep 2008

I have sometimes had the occasional update that wouldn't install, I put this down to a later update superseding it and therefore stops or won't let the update in question install (that's my theory anyway).

Has long has the computer is running OK I shouldn't be too concerned.

Also, if the update in question keeps trying to install and keeps failing, it is possible to stop the update from been included/or trying to install in the future. I can't remember the exact method but someone on here will probably know how to do it.

Halmer 09:14 10 Sep 2008

KB955302 which is a recommended update wont install.

In fact I have now lost my internet connection completely and AVG update settings have now been screwed for some strange reason.

Technotiger 09:16 10 Sep 2008

Try a System Restore back a day or so.

Halmer 10:19 10 Sep 2008

to get my connection and AVG update back but have been beaten for now by KB955302.

It just wont configure upon reboot even though it says it has installed.

have hidden it for now so that it doesn't keep on reminding me and will have a look later for a solution in case others have same issue.

Thanks all.

Technotiger 10:26 10 Sep 2008

As already said above - as long as everything is working ok, don't worry about it.

crosstrainer 11:03 10 Sep 2008

I take it you have SP1 installed? If not, the update won't install anyway. As described in the article, it's really a performance and compatibility patch. If you are still running without the service pack, leave it.

click here

Halmer 11:55 10 Sep 2008

thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?