4 GB USB Stick

Bingalau 15:09 21 Aug 2008

Size (mm): 59 x 17.2 x 7. System requirements Microsoft® Windows 2000/Windows XP or Windows Vista®. Price per item. £9.99 .... This item is advertised for sale at Lidl. Is there a difference between it and a memory stick or are they one and the same thing? Is it a good buy?
Can anybody tell me the main uses of this particulatr item?

Seth Haniel 15:15 21 Aug 2008

that's your Memory Stick -
could store a list of all windows faults on it ;)

Think the size is more for people transferring recorded TV or Video files ;)

€dstowe 15:16 21 Aug 2008

It will be the same as a memory stick but, be very careful. I've found that these very cheap sticks are unreliable. I'm not very impressed with more expensive ones either and would never use them for anything important.

sinbads 15:25 21 Aug 2008

Looks like the same thing to me, and a good buy at £9.99, i would think its main purpose would be transfering large files from one computer to another, maybe someone that has one will comment for others click here

Bingalau 18:36 21 Aug 2008

Many thanks to those who have answered. I am now assuming that a memory stick and a USB stick, are one and the same thing and are used to record and transfer items from one computer to another, or maybe just to save things on ??

Pineman100 18:50 21 Aug 2008

It's exactly that, Bingalau. You just pop it into a USB port and it'll become an extra removable drive on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?