3rd monitor dips to black for a few seconds every

Sminky 16:22 04 Oct 2017

This problem has increased recently to the point of causing some concern. I have 3 Monitors, all Dell all different resolutions all running at 60hz. All connected via adapted Display Port to DVI. On a 1060 GTX 6GB.

Every few minutes the 3rd monitor briefly dips to black then resumes its display, initially I thought it might just be a dodgy cable/ failing monitor. However if I make that screen the primary display then it no longer has that problem, so it does not seem to be the case.

I don't know if it matters but the 3rd monitor is on a vertical ratio.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this, or know if this could potential damage the graphics card.

Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires