3d benchmark ratings

3300bhp 16:49 30 Nov 2010

Hi again,

I have just been given the specs on my shortly arriving PC and the supplier told me it is a very quick PC, it has an i7 950 overclock to 4gb processor, 2 x GTX 470 SLI and has a 3d benchmark of 27000, I don'tunderstand what a 3d benchmark is, is this figure of 27000 top end, avaerage or poor?

letsgetrdy 17:07 30 Nov 2010

Yes, thats a very top end result. They are referring to a 3d mark benchmark. Here is the result of a similar system to yours.

click here

letsgetrdy 17:12 30 Nov 2010

P.S.

A benchmark is a set test, a way of comparing performance against other things. In this case its a software benchmark, the faster hardware gets a higher score as it does the math based and graphical tests faster. 27000 is a easily above average score.

Terry Brown 17:19 30 Nov 2010

The benchmark is not very important as it is only what the manufacturer says it will do,if and only if, certain conditions are met.

Generally the higher the benchmark, the faster the computer.

However much more important is whether the CPU is single,dual, quad core as these determine how many processesses can be run at the same time.

Most of today's computers are 'very quick', however with an overclocked machine, you need to be careful about ventilatation, as they can overheat.

If you want a program to test your computer against others, the only one I know of with a good track ecord is sisoft Sandra click here=

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?