3D accelerator card for Time computer

Scowegian 11:50 28 Mar 2005

My grandson has been given a Time Optima computer with a Celeron D processor 320 with Prescott core, 256k cache, 533MHz bus, 2.4 GHz clock and 256M DDR ram. When we loaded a game a splash sign came up saying a 3D accelerator card is required. I have looked in various sites [dabs, redstore etc] and find the prices vary from £25 to astronomical and I believe that it has got to be the right sort of card or it will not work. Has anyone got a suggestion as to what a suitable card [cheap] for his computer would be?

citadel 12:04 28 Mar 2005

3d accellerator is a graphics card, the best mid range card by a mile is the 6600gt, this will play all modern and older games in high detail and good framerates.

bremner 12:09 28 Mar 2005

This would be a good value card click here @£40

You need to check that the computer has an AGP slot and I have a feeling that Tiny may have a closed case warranty policy - i.e. you would invalidate the warranty by opening the box to insert the card.

Daniel Warren Granville Technology [email protected] is the Tiny representative on this forum he will know for sure.

Scowegian 19:55 29 Mar 2005

Thanks to you both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires