3COM router and aol

2drewej 20:24 13 Dec 2006

hi , i have a 3com office connect wireless router and am trying to connect to aol broadband (i usually connect via a by voyager modem).

i have entered all the settings aol have sent me and changed the MTU setting accordingly using the "DRTCP"
program.

when i turn the router on , "connected" is displayed in 'network connections' and the 'power', 'sync' and 'Wlan' lights are illuminated on the actual router.

i have also edited the aol settings to connect through 'tcp/ip......'

however when i try to connect i always get the error message 'the remote computer did not respond...'

please help!

2drewej 22:17 13 Dec 2006

does anyone have any idea why i cant connect ? any help would be appreciated

just been on aol live help for an hour and despite me telling them id already received the aol router settings all they did was email me them again!

Ashrich 22:45 13 Dec 2006

Is the online light lit ? as well as the " power , synch and wlan ....

Ashley

Ashrich 23:06 13 Dec 2006

MTU settings need to be set in the router setup not using 3rd party software , as far as I am aware this is for Windows settings only , you must change the settings in the router itself and make sure the router connection is PPOA not PPOE as some AOL is .

Ashley

2drewej 08:14 14 Dec 2006

power sync and wlan is lit . the online light is not as i have not connected successfully as of yet.

also , i was told by aol to enter my mtu settings via this program if there was no option for it in the router settings.
(i have also made sure it is in ppoe)

?

Ashrich 22:45 14 Dec 2006

Check again for the MTU setting on the router settings , it's the router that connects , not Windows ....and also click here some more help , they got theirs working , and look at their settings ( PPOA )

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?