3 Problems - IE + Sorting + Firefox

TicTacToc 15:08 19 Nov 2006

3 problems that have been aggravating and I can't fix.

1. Whenever I open a folder in an application, (e.g. clicking File>Open in Microsoft Word) all my folders are in reverse alphabetical order. This happens with all other applications, (e.g. Photoshop Elements). When I go into My Computer the folders are sorted correctly. How can I change it so my folders are sorted alphabetically when I look at them through an application? (I know it can be done with the sort button in that window, but why do I have to do that every time?).

2. IE7 is not saving my passwords. (E.g. I always have to retype in my password *although my username is there* when logging onto my eBay account.) I haven't managed to fix this, is there an obvious option somewhere? (on firefox it works fine).

3. Over to Firefox now, No online streamed media seems to work. I'm in the UK - there is a streamed Channel 4 Simulcast, that used to work but now it just gives me a blank window where the media should be or crashes Firefox. Same happens with the BBC video watching.

In IE7 the BBC one seems to work, but the Channel 4 one does not. However it is a pain always switching between IE7 and Firefox.

This problem has happened ever since I upgraded to Windows Media Player 11, I think. Same with other simulcasts and other such streamed media. I have followed the windows guide to reverting back to an older version: it says roll-back has been completed but nothing happens as WMP11 and the runtime thing are still there, even though I follow the instructions accurately.

Any advice on the above questions? If they are unclear say and I will try and rewrite them.

Thanks very much.

Gongoozler 15:20 19 Nov 2006

I'll try for the first of your problems. When you open a folder, there is really no default listing sequence, so you need to tell the application what sequence you want. Try clicking the File - Open icon or whatever you use. Click in the region of the category you want to sort the list by. Clicking a second time will reverse the sequence.

skidzy 18:16 19 Nov 2006

Problem number two:

In IE 7 Select Tools/Internet Options/Content/Auto Complete settings/Tick all boxes and ok.

Maybe this will help with the Video's click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?