3 modem

welshdad 13:44 06 Feb 2008

using a 3 modem connected to a laptop (windows xp pro) when connecting I get the message unable to create RASentry and I get no further. Can anyone help

peter99co 15:32 06 Feb 2008

I have a 3 modem but do not have any problem so not able to fix your problem. I know that the software is contained in the modem when you first plug in. Would it be sensible to Un-install and then after a restart Plug in as original instructions and re-install? The customer service no is 08707330333 or 3 customer services po box 333 Glasgow g2 9ag if you can't get through.The msg is coming from your initial connect screen is it. Is a connection thro to the internet working properly?

welshdad 16:04 06 Feb 2008

Thanks for the telephone number I will ring them. I will also try uninstall and then plug in to see if that works. Though the PC is recognising the modem.

peter99co 17:51 06 Feb 2008

There have been some threads in Mobile Forum that Pan the '3' modem you could search forum to check

peter99co 17:56 06 Feb 2008

search for this link re previous post

peter99co 22:05 06 Feb 2008

I forgot to ask if you had plugged in the Modem when your error occured? and if so with one or two USB plugs.and was the light on
Also i have had a letter from 3 saying that if the sim was in a mobile phone they told me my Phone no. that people could call me on. to contact 3 they say ring 333 FREE or connect to three.co.uk/my3

the 1st time you need the phone no and last 6 digits of on sim no near the gold bit.

peter99co 22:14 06 Feb 2008

I searched for RASentry on my laptop and did not find it. so does it create from info supplied by software on connected modem? you are able to use the modem on a pc as well.does this also mean that you could install on home setup and mobile and use on either as reqd.

Any success yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?