3 mobile phone (non pc related)

Ranger 12:07 21 Oct 2007

Hi all,

I am with 3 mobile and I have smashed my phone, rather than buy a new one I have a o2 one given to me by my son, question is can this or any mobile be chipped so that it will work with 3 or do you have to get one that is supplied by 3 mobile? I am getting different answers to this from friends.

anyone help, what I know about mobiles you could write on tha back of a postage stamp

Demora 12:24 21 Oct 2007

as far as I know o2 mobiles are already unlocked and 3 SIM card should work in it. BUT it also depends on the phone.

My daughter had an LG 1800 and it broke. I loaned her my Motorola Razr x and it worked fine. As long as the o2 phone is a 3g (Third Generation) it should be ok.

D

birdface 12:28 21 Oct 2007

Well I don't think that you can unlock 3 but you can unlock most other phones but whether you can use them with 3 I dont know.Googled.click here=

birdface 12:34 21 Oct 2007

Just a thought.Is the 3 sim card not actually larger or smaller than normal phone sim cards.And will not fit.I could be wrong but I think I tried it with my daughters phone card.

DJ-Garry 13:19 21 Oct 2007

O2 contract phones are generally unlocked nut they will not have the software on them that is required to perform all the 3 based programs, web links etc. I believe you can ring them (on 333 from the 3 phone) and get them to send the setting to the phone via a sim update. This should re-set everything you need (hopefully).

By the way, the O2 phone you now want to use on 3 M U S T be a 3G compatable phone. It sends the 3 sims cards scatty if you put it in a phone that isn't.

3 phones CAN be unlocked but it is not a good idea, and usually impossible to get it done from the phone with software by connecting it to your PC etc. The ONLY reliable way is to ring 3 (333) and pay the £20 (I think) to have them unlock it. Although this should not apply to you as your 3 phone is dead. It's the O2 phone you want to get working on the 3 network !!

Hope this helps. Garry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?