3 & mobile broadband

pgj 19:04 03 Jan 2008

I'm looking at setting up my laptop to use in the field.

As a penny pinching hate waste type of person the best deals really do interest me.

I have had the provider 3 suggested to me as the best deal on the market but am woried if there is a trade off here by way of coverage? ie. has 3 got a good country-wide network set up?

Are there any other considerations I should be taking into account?

Regards Gemma (pgj)

P100 17:09 06 Jan 2008

I would be interested in peoples observations as well.
At present I'm on T-mobile web and walk with Blackberry 8800 (it is not 3G and has low modem speed) which works well when there is coverage. Occaisionally I have driven around chasing signal or at popular festival events due to increased phone traffic.
Personally i would give 4 out of 5 for flexibility and coverage whilst with price of package only 3 out of 5
Philip

Border View 17:39 10 Jan 2008

I too would be interested to learn observations regarding 3s mobile broadband. Anyone?

Fermat's Theorem 16:04 12 Jan 2008

excellent coverage in all the cities in Ireland; much better deal than O2 or Vodafone.

No idea what the situation is like elsewhere though.

:-)

kdv 20:52 29 Jan 2008

I have had that much bother with my 3 modem, I have given up.
When you get in touch with 3; your call will be re-routed to India.
I hope you have more luck, than what I had.
It has now got to the stage that I want out of my contract. That is another story which is turning into a continuing nightmare.
All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?