2wire 2700hgv HELP!

ljstevens 09:59 28 Dec 2006

Hi

I recently brought a used 2wire 2700hgv but the problem is it comes with all the BT ISP setup stuff and i would like to use it with my Tiscali connection. Is there any way i can do this? if so how?

Ashrich 20:34 28 Dec 2006

There is a firmware hack called " recover 425 " that will unlock a 2700hgv , I am trying to track down a working link for it , it also allows you to turn up the transmit power x 5 ! . Will post back when I have tracked it down , although it may be worth looking for yourself .

Ashley

Ashrich 20:55 28 Dec 2006

click here for the firmware , click here? read the thread BEFORE doing anything , I am not responsible for anything that happens to the router before , during or after the flash , I am only providing the links .

Ashley

Ashrich 20:57 28 Dec 2006

You could , first try the DNS resolve trick ( in the thread ) to stop the router connecting to BT and re-setting itself , might save a bit of grief .

Ashley

ljstevens 11:00 31 Dec 2006

sorry you have to ignor my stupidity but when it says flash my hub in the link, what does this mean? im not a computer bunny so an idiots guide would be great!

Ashrich 15:12 31 Dec 2006

You download the file and save it somewhere you can easily find it , then unpack ( unzip )the file , then in the router set up there will be a section to upgrade the firmware , this is called flashing , it will ask for the new file to be loaded and you point it in the direction to where you saved it , then take it from there ...

Ashley

simon1964 17:16 26 Dec 2007
  cje7388 11:35 13 Aug 2009

This Firmware Works Brilliantly For Me, Without Any Problems

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?