2nd hard drive probs!

bezzer20 14:43 25 Feb 2007

guys last month i installed my old hard drive into my new pc. everything is fine with it. ie, went into safe mode shifted the security rigts of "my documents" to my new pc "hp administration" etc. but im having a problem deleting the "windows" file. its not a major problem its just very annoying! any tips of getting rid of it? tried going into safe mode to shift security rights too but nothing works to let me delete it! please help thanks !

SANTOS7 14:46 25 Feb 2007

click here
this may help,good luck..

Technotiger 14:48 25 Feb 2007

Hi, if you have backed-up any data/files etc that you want to keep from the old drive, why not re-format the drive and wipe everything, start with a clean drive then.

bezzer20 14:51 25 Feb 2007

thats a good idea its just iv got loadsa music files which would take ages to copy over to my c drive? reformat then stick all the music bk onto it! any tips?

Technotiger 15:04 25 Feb 2007

Would the music files fit on a usb flash-drive or similar - simple enough to drag&drop, especially if they are all in one main folder, just drag the folder.

bezzer20 15:11 25 Feb 2007

i reckon ill just make a new folder on my c:/drive temporarily drag em over then reformat 2nd hard drive. the only reason why i want to keep em on my f:/drive is to keep the pc running smooth. just a bit of a ball ache waiting for the loading. cheers for the help anyways!!

Technotiger 15:12 25 Feb 2007

Your welcome ... good luck, not that really need it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?