2nd hard disk not showing

Nazzarenu Boy 15:13 25 Jul 2006

I have a 2nd harddisk installed in my computer (Fat32). It worked until i formated my computer and installed again windows xp home edition sp2.

The harddisk is howing in computer MAnagement ie in Device management and in disk management. It is even showing in the bios too. In the disk management it says it is online, it is healthy(active) and when i right click on it i can only press on Delete partition .... and help.
I have important data on the hard disk.
Could you solve me out the problem for me.

THanks forwardly

Josmar Azzopardi

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 25 Jul 2006

Try “taking ownership” of the file/folders before it can be accessed. First of all go to Folder Options, View Tab and in the Advanced Settings at the end, untick “Use simple file sharing”, which will allow the Security Tab to be shown in the file’s properties. Also, in Folder options, make sure hidden and system files can be viewed.

To take ownership of the file (it’s best done at the folder level), right-click it, Properties, Security Tab, add your user name, fill in all the permissions and Apply. You can now access it.

Nazzarenu Boy 21:39 25 Jul 2006

Nothing happened.. and theres is not use simple file sharing.......

and btw IT IS NOT SHOWING IN MY COMPUTER.. ONLY THE MAIN HARDDISK....

HELP ME

SANTOS7 21:48 25 Jul 2006

If it is showing everywhere else you need to re-format the HDD, NTFS would be better........

woodchip 21:52 25 Jul 2006

Does the disc show in My Computer?

woodchip 21:54 25 Jul 2006

If you can see the disc in My Computer or Windows Explorer I suggest you run Check disc on it. By right click\Properties\Tools

SANTOS7 21:55 25 Jul 2006

and btw IT IS NOT SHOWING IN MY COMPUTER

Go out and come in again woodchip!!

De Marcus™ 22:00 25 Jul 2006

Don't do anything as drastic as formatting the drive if you want to recover your data.

Does the drive have the same drive letter it had before you reformatted, or has it changed?

Nazzarenu Boy 22:05 25 Jul 2006

My second harddrive (slave) which is not showing in my computer have special data that i need. I formatted the first hardrive (master) and installed windows again.
I need the data on the harddrive second one (the slave) which is not showing in my computer. It is only showing in computer MAnagement ie in Device management and in disk management. It is even showing in the bios too. In the disk management it says it is online, it is healthy(active) and when i right click on it i can only press on Delete partition .... and help.

Ok maybe you can help me more.

Thanks forwardly

Nazzarenu Boy 22:07 25 Jul 2006

and in the disk management the harddisk show its name "Josmar2" but no a drive letter.

De Marcus™ 22:09 25 Jul 2006

You need to assign the drive a letter, through disk management.

Right click on the drive in disk management and choose 'change drive letters and path' (from memory), assign it a drive letter, close down disk managemnt, reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?