2007 Microsoft Office System 60 Trial, Uninstall?

enviro 12:25 28 Aug 2009

My son has an Asus laptop which came with a free trial of Word 2007.
When he tries to use it, the page comes up but will not work. Then a box appears asking for the product key, this we think we can down load from Microsoft.
We have installed Microsoft Office 2000, everything else has installed but Word.........
Is the 2007 Trial version stopping this and as it is only for 60 days anyway can it be uninstalled?
This may seem so obvious to the computer literate but as a bit of a thickie would like some pointers please.

Clapton is God 12:41 28 Aug 2009

You don't need two versions of Office/Word.

Uninstall both versions of Office, clean out the remaining registry entries with click here

Then re-install 2000 and stick with that.

FatboySlim71 20:59 28 Aug 2009

Un-install both versions by using Revo un-installer, choose the advanced method in Revo when un-installing. Clean out all the remaining registry entries like Clapton has mentioned, then re-install Office 2000.

Here's the link to Revo un-installer:
click here

Flyboy182 16:46 03 Sep 2009

I have a similar problem. I used the free trial but have decided it doesn't really need me speeding a small fortune on the full version. The problem is, everything now opens in the 2007 version and is read only. I can't seem to open anything in my previous version. If I uninstall it, will I loose any documents that were created in the free trial?

oldbeefer2 18:18 03 Sep 2009

Bear in mind, if youngsters are involved, the student deal is not bad click here

oldbeefer2 18:21 03 Sep 2009

If you're having problems, you can get converters from Microsoft click here

mfletch 20:10 04 Sep 2009

Try this

click here

enviro 12:34 06 Sep 2009

Did as Clapton is God suggested, worked fine....many thanks.
enviro x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?