20 in TFT monitor - which to buy?

jezzabevan 18:14 29 Dec 2006

Am looking to get a new 20 ins monitor, maybe widescreen, mainly for CAD use but also usual suspect word, excel etc progs, prob also few films etc. Am confused with choice out there and can't find a really comprehensive set of reviews anywhere. Have been considering Viewsonic 2025, Samsung SM205BW, Philips Brilliance 200W6CS. Anyone got any sound advice for me - please??

Carpigiani 19:00 29 Dec 2006

After considerable research my son recently bought this one click here

He made his decision after reading many reviews and speaking to people on various forums.

He is delighted with it.

hssutton 19:18 29 Dec 2006

I do mainly photo editing using Photoshop. I found widescreen to be unsuitable for my needs, after trying various monitors at friends, I settled on the Formac Gallery Extreme 20.8". 1600x1200 res.

click here

To say I'm delighted with it would be an understatement. Check out the reviews over at Ebuyer.

The only problem that I find, is that it's a bit of a dust magnet.

jezzabevan 09:33 30 Dec 2006

Thanks for the two helpful replies. Never heard of Formac are they an established reputable company? Any more tips from anyone - still confused? Or does anyone know a good shop/showroom where I can see a good range of the things in action - in London UK?

golfpro 09:47 30 Dec 2006

I have had my LG Flatron L2010B now for 12 months and am well chuffed with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?