2 many programs on start menu

ema 23:20 19 May 2003

Hi, when I open my start menu and go onto programmes, the list expands bigger than the screen and I cant see all the programes. Can I match simular programs into file then open that to save space on menu???

BBez 23:24 19 May 2003

if you right click the start button, select explore from the popup menu, it'll take you to your start menu folder. Then open your programs folder and create group icons for example Internet Utils, Windows Utils etc and move the program shorcuts into your preferred folders which will keep the menu from scrolling off the desktop

BBez 23:25 19 May 2003

group icons should read group folders

Pesala 23:40 19 May 2003

Create subfolders from Program groups on your Programs folder: Graphics, Entertainment, Communications, Accessories. Limit the contents of these subfolders to just programs - any more subfolders makes accessing programs too slow. Delete all the trash that most programs install - readme files, help files, website shortcuts, leaving just the essential program files.

You can also create an additional taskbar by dragging a toolbar off of the taskbar and onto another side of the screen like this: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?