2 hard drives

campal 22:14 02 Oct 2009

I have a 20gb hard drive which is full, i recently installed a 100 gb hard drive to my system , how can i free up a lot of space on my main 20 gb drive

Strawballs 22:16 02 Oct 2009

Drag and drop data from the 20gig drive to the 100 gig drive.

Quiet Life 11:42 03 Oct 2009

Move My Documents to the new drive.
for XP: Click on the Start button and then right-click on My Documents and select Properties. If there's no My Documents in your start menu then right click on the My Documents icon on your desktop instead.
When you've clicked on properties, select "Move" and then navigate to your D: drive. Select the drive letter and then click "Make New Folder." Enter "My Documents" as the folder name and hit Enter and then OK. Windows will then ask you whether you want to move your documents; click Yes.
Moving your documents make take some time. Once moved, though, you can access them normally from the "My Documents" icon on the desktop or elsewhere.

lofty29 12:41 03 Oct 2009

Why not back up your 20gig hard drive to you 100 gig then use the 100gig as the new master, thus leaving the 20 with your main programmes as a reserve in case of problems.

campal 13:22 03 Oct 2009

That sounds like the way lofty, could you -please tell me how to do this please lofty?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:30 03 Oct 2009
  lofty29 14:46 03 Oct 2009

I recently did this on my PC used xxclone free, takes quite a while but is basically easy. my system is set slightly unusually in that I have hdd 1 master + dvd-wr 1 slave, + hdd2 master+dvd-wr 2 slave, this way I can boot from either hard drive whenever I want.

DieSse 14:48 03 Oct 2009

Good free cloning software from a hard drive manufacturer, for exactly this purpose.

Seagate Disk Wizard click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?