2 different wireless networks seeing each other.

smudge1927 19:13 06 May 2005

Hello Folks.

Could anyone assist in the challenging problm of two different wireless networks seeing each other?

My Father-in-law has a wireless network and the guy 4 doors away has one as well and they can both see each other. Please help as this can be really bad and we need to get it sorted.

They both have Belkin routers and we need a quick and easy fix asap.

Thanks all

Martin

tasslehoff burrfoot 20:54 06 May 2005

before but would imagine they would have a setting to only allow certain mac addresses to access the network. this would be a start.

turn off broadcast SSID.

Enable encryption.

I am no expert but I think these should solve the problem.

HTH

Tas

dan11 21:11 06 May 2005

To follow on from Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Type 192 fullstop 168 fullstop 2 full stop 1 in the address browser bar. This will become a click here if I put the full stops in. 192.168.2.1

On the main page you have the security settings, yours, I guess, will be disabled. This can enable 128bit encryption. I suggest you use the belkin freephone number to be talked through this. One mistake will render the network useless and system restore will not reset the encryption. I know to my cost. :-)))

If you pick lan settings, you can change the name of the router, local domain name, so they both do not come up as belkin. You can also restrict the number of computers accessing the router by changing the DHCP server > IP pool ending address. This will limit the router to computers you use and not allow any roving computer.click here

dan11 21:12 06 May 2005

Oh!!!!!!!!!! It came up as 192.168.2.1

:-))))))

smudge1927 21:38 06 May 2005

Thanks all for the advice. I have tried and think that i have sorted the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?