2 different problems- but are they connected

jack 10:57 12 Jan 2008

I wonder?
Problem 1. Epson R300 reported Paperjam/not loaded correctly repeatedly. Also the computer kept reporting New Hardware found R300- then Cannot install no driver found,
The installation has been loaded of course from the supplied disk in the approved manner - Offline/AV disabled/ no other programs running, also from Windows own resources- but the driver problem persists. Meanwhile the paper jam warning went away and the printer printed OK not withstanding Windows
saying cant do it.
Problem 2
Repeated getting loads of XP updates to install
to days batch 89 of them- many of which report back cannot be installed.
So I applied the Win Installer problem cure[msiexe unreg then msie regserver routine] whilst the A/V is off and lo all installed.
No I have in recent months by accident [ticking or not ticking a box] installed Zone Alarms A/V and so I uninstalled my regular one AVG Free.

HaHa I thought is it ZA Antivirus causing this mischief.
What you any of you think?

Graham. 11:17 12 Jan 2008

Funny things, printers. I was doing battle yesterday - a friend has the same printer as me, it was brought round and I swapped it over. Didn't work so I swapped them back. Now mine won't work.

I had to re-install the software. It seems if you unplug the USB, when you plug it back in, the printer is not recognised.

In short, uninstall and re-install, only connect the USB when it asks.

eedcam 12:53 12 Jan 2008

I had ZA internet package that would stop my epson printing so got rid za as could'nt find solution.Try turning it off also they have their own forum

click here

jack 19:44 14 Jan 2008

Well for the moment anyway
Completely removing the Epson Software and reinstalling - ensuring the A?V was disabled seemed to work.
Time will tell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?