2 Computers. 1 ISP

J. I. 17:38 24 Nov 2004

Is it possible to have 2 Computers in same household, which connect to seperate phone sockets using same ISP AND proceedures. USING IDENTICAL Log in details. (Dial up Modems being used)

Stuartli 17:57 24 Nov 2004

You should be able to link the two computers up in LAN form (Windows 98SE upwards supports this as far as I can remember) and both can access the Internet - it will be slower if both are in use on dialup.

Here's some guidance:

click here

click here

If you have XP it will be the host machine - details given in Help and Support.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 24 Nov 2004

Yes, providing they are not on the net at the same time.

G

J. I. 18:11 24 Nov 2004

Thanks to STUARTLI and GANDALF FOR REPLYS. Forgot to mention 1 Comp will be Upstairs and the other Downstairs. My system xp HOME. Therefore not able to connect by cable.

Strawballs 01:16 26 Nov 2004

Connect wireless

TomJerry 01:52 26 Nov 2004

you can get broadband for £17.99 a month even less, not much point to use dial up if only for economic reason

J. I. 13:20 30 Nov 2004

Only just set up 2nd Comp today. GANDALF suggestion works fine. Ref Broadband. The cost is not great,though if you dont require it. No point being connected and exposed to the gremlins longer than need be.

Stuartli 14:20 30 Nov 2004

You won't be exposed to any gremlins as you put it if the proper security precautions are undertaken...:-)

Many thousands of people are on broadband and their systems are usually switched on for very long periods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?