1TB External Hard Drive

SONYMAN1 20:48 05 Sep 2009

What would be one of the better ones to go for? I'm look for fast data transfer so 7200 is a must.

I was also considering going for a Network hard drive but from what I've heard the transfer rate is pretty slow.

Any ideas guys?

Zak 22:26 05 Sep 2009

£64.95 Inc VAT & Del
click here

Zak 22:45 05 Sep 2009

Plus an ICY Box - no limit on HDD size

click here

or
here
click here

I did same for 500Gb - ICY BOX very easy to assemble no tools required. Also you can have SATA connection.

SONYMAN1 23:01 05 Sep 2009

Thanks for the reply Zak, but could you tell me if it's possible to get a casing that would allow me to connect the external hd to my router so I can connect serveral computers wirelessly with a fast data transfer rate?

Are these external hd any good as from what I understand you can't actually get access to the hd to change it as time goes on.

I didn't really want to be connecting and unconnecting from one pc to the another, but I also didn't want to settle for a crappy externel just because it can be access wirelessly.

Zak 10:40 06 Sep 2009

I am unable to answer your questions regarding a wireless network drive and connecting to a router.

As far as my knowledge goes - you would be looking to a buying or building server.

As far as the external drive casing is concerned then there is no problem exchanging the HDD if needed. I have an IDE one which I can also use to fit in an external CD/DVD recorder/player.

100andthirty 11:45 06 Sep 2009

you have said that you've heard that Networm drives are two slow, then you've said that you want to attach a drive to the router and connect wirelessly. You'd described a network drive.

the data transfer rate will be limited by the slowest element - in this case, the wireless link.

you can buy hard drives and enclosures seperately. this Icybox network enclosure is just one.

click here.

fastest data transfer would be USB2 connected directly to the computer in question or if you've got it eSATA.

If you do this then you'll have a network drive.

you can also but network drives/enclosures that connect wirelessly to the router. They are even slower.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?