1920x1200 resolution too high for 17" laptop?

Faser 18:09 15 Nov 2007

I need to decide quickly. I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 1720 (17") with a WUXGA+ 1920x1200 screen at a bargain price due to slight damage from a trusted online seller.

I will be using it for a broad range of tasks including office documents, web-surfing, editing photo's and the odd game. My eyesight is not perfect and I wear glasses

My question is will the high resolution cause viewing problems. I know that charging the dpi will improve font size but will that cause other problems?

Totally-braindead 18:22 15 Nov 2007

You don't have to run it as this resolution you know?

You can run it at virtually anything you like UPTO 1920x1200. You will probably find the optimal resolution is something like 1280x1024 or something similar but you don't even have to run it as high as that if you don't want to. Its up to you.

You can alter it to suit yourself so it doesn't cause problems. I would however be wary of buying a damaged on and how do you know he is trusted? Do you know him personally? What sort of guarantee do you get?
You can get a cheap 17" TFT for less than £100 click here

Be careful.

Totally-braindead 18:23 15 Nov 2007

I for example run my 17" at 1024x768 and its perfect.

Totally-braindead 18:25 15 Nov 2007

Sorry just reread the title its not a monitor its a laptop, sorry I missed that.
As far as I know what I said above is still true you can run it at whatever you wish up to the highest resolution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?