180search Assistant

turnip 60 22:12 21 Jul 2004

I keep getting a warning message as follows:
The system has detected, that a 3rd party has removed 180search assistant,possibly without your consent. this may cause some programs not to run as expected. please choose an option below.
1) Re-Install
2) Leave UniInstalled
3) Remind me later.
Can anyone tell me what this is please.
I run windows XP Pro.
regards

Lionheart ? 22:18 21 Jul 2004

Have a read click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:20 21 Jul 2004

click here

sounds like a load of bull to me if you didn't install it and don't want it the get rid

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 21 Jul 2004

Suggest you also run some antispyware free copies below

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here

turnip 60 22:32 21 Jul 2004

Many thanks guys,
i have just cottoned on that the 3rd party that removed the 180search assist would have been my spy ware program 'Spy Sweeper
I am learning all the time
kind regards

Mike D 22:40 21 Jul 2004

I have just been hit with this blighter. I did not request it and certainly don't want it. I have tried to uninstal it, but it keeps coming back. I have run Adaware and Spybot S & D, to no avail. Another programme was also installed - AdDestroyer, this sees Ad Aware as a threat and identifies it as spyware. Another programme, TV Media is also installed and this just will no go. I cannot delete it (protected), Add Remove Programs doesn't touch it. It looks as if I need to reformat, unless someone out there knows any solutions.

Was I protected? Well I am on a network, which is protected by a regularly updated hardware firewall (Watch Guard), Sophos Anti virus, with all the bells and whistles. I don't know what else I could have dome. For goodness' sake, I'm supposed to be the network administrator - I don't mess about on the Internet at work!

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?