1680 plus TV stations world-wide freeee!

Splodge 14:50 13 Oct 2006

Thanks to another member, who directed me to the correct site at click here I canwatch many stations worldwide.
Because my computer is connected to my TV and I have a DVD recorder with the facility to directly record what is displayed on screen I can burn them to disk.
A word of caution. There are three different playing formats. Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime.
Windows Media Player is the green media button, Real Player is the blue media button and Quicktime the other.
I have found it unwise to browse different formats at the same time or look at too many sites. They prevent further surfing. You have to re-boot. If you get no response, move on, it program may not be on. You can sometimes access files going to their web page, on the left, instead.
I have found some gems though. Including "The Hamptons" (near New York, the rich go there for their holidays) which puts out lots of black and white films!
Would appreciate notice of others.
Good luck!

Alan2 18:26 13 Oct 2006

I've just had a quick browse and believe it's got great potential although I think it needs a better graphics card and processor that I have - they're eight years old!

Thanks for the link.

Splodge 18:36 13 Oct 2006

you are welcome!

VoG II 18:37 13 Oct 2006

Fantastic - thanks!

Mr Mistoffelees 18:39 13 Oct 2006

Another old chestnut rears it's head again!

Splodge 19:20 13 Oct 2006

Not this time Mr Mistoffelees!

But beware of web sites offering to connect you for a one off $79.99 or more: now that is the old chestnut.

I am recording onto a DVD as I write this! As this is the page on display on my TV for the few minutes that will be recorded for posterity... or posterior!

Audeal 21:01 13 Oct 2006

Another one to look at. I quite like this one.
click here

Do a Google for Online tv and see what you get.

Splodge 21:34 13 Oct 2006

Thanks Audeal,

I installed your offering and it complements the other one with differing sites. Well worth using.

Let us hope that other such sites are brought to our notice.

That IS the point of these postings as well as seeking solutions after all!

I did do a Google but many of them ask for a single payment and it has been suggested that these are also freebies being used to collect a crafty payment.

In time we will get the information!

Good one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?