16 bit color

dds115 05:52 17 Oct 2005

I can't get my computer off of 16 bit color, it's either that or black and white. I formated my drive today and reinstaled all the drivers and such, but the current one for my monitor doesn't seem to change anything. Does anyone have any advice? I'm running Win 98 on a IMB Thinkpad 600x.The resolution is stuck on 640x480, I can't change that either. Thanks alot!

Taff36 06:45 17 Oct 2005

Run Belarc Advisor click here and print out the results if possible. It will give you details about your computer hardware. We`re looking for the Video Graphics hardware and exact details of the model Thinkpad - Post back with the details. Have you tried the manufacturers website?

Taff36 06:55 17 Oct 2005

Your product serial number would be useful and your operating system click here All the drivers for the machine are available - just need the above and we`ll show you the correct link.

dds115 23:06 17 Oct 2005

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

IBM 26454EU
System Serial Number: 78TCTK0

I think that is what all you guys asked for. Thanks again

woodchip 23:12 17 Oct 2005

Have you been into Display settings in Control Panel and tried to change them. It does not change automatic

DieSse 23:35 17 Oct 2005

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA) - This is the simplest display adapter - it will only let you have 16 colours (NOT 16-bit clour, note) and 640x480. You need to get the correct graphics driver loaded.

click here for all the drivers - I think the video driver is the one you need.

Taff36 07:32 18 Oct 2005

click here Specific to your machine - all the drivers. Start off with the Monitor. Read carefully the installation instructions for your Operating System. They vary. Post back if you`re not sure - I shall be out this afternoon but DieSse can help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?