150k broadband

joe95 14:50 04 Jun 2004

I have dial-up with NTL for £12 a month is it worth upgrading to 150k broadband? I am always trying free trials etc at 15-30mins download time.System XP Home.
Thanks

johnnyrocker 14:51 04 Jun 2004

i would think you would notice a considerable improvement.

johnny,

i had dial up from nlt then went on to broadband
its a hell of alot better aprt from every one i nowith ntl has the problem of digg box frezzing so when you turn box off lose conection but apart from that great alot quiker sames time and so i would surget yes

ps 150 is going up to 300 for the same price check out this months mag expains it all mate

Pesala 15:30 04 Jun 2004

300K will be better for large downloads. On 150K you begin to notice downloads of 5 Mbytes or more. 150K is not viable for streaming high quality media, OK for BBC news though.

Another possibility is a tailored solution like PlusNet. You get full 512K ADSL with a 1 Gbyte a month limit for only £14.99 ranging to uncapped use for £21.99. click here

If you don't have a landline already, ADSL looks expensive. Cable doesn't need a landline, but then getting help and support can be expensive if something goes wrong.

rickimalone 15:48 04 Jun 2004

150k is a great improvement over dail-up in every respect, I cant believe people still use dial up anymore these days.

Cuurently on NTL 1MB service and I get fed up with that every now and then roll 2MB.

joe95 15:54 04 Jun 2004

Thanks everyone for your advice will give it a whirl
joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?