15 pin game port cable to usb converter required

frior-one 17:50 09 Aug 2003

i have been given a brand new joystick with the 15 pin game port connecter on it. i do not have a game port. is there such a thing as a usb converter? do i buy a sound card with game port just for the port? any pointers / guidance please. if not..brand new saitek st100 joystock for sale!

jazzypop 18:23 09 Aug 2003

There are plenty at click here

madPentium 18:30 09 Aug 2003

no game port? unbelievable. That almost certainly means that you have no sound either, is that the case?

frior-one 10:22 11 Aug 2003

jazzypop - thanks for that. i had tried the google search but did not see it through.
madPentium - pc spec'ed with on board sound - when ordering last september did not think i would need a joystick port..doh..now i have discovered il2 sturmovik..i need one!
sorry for taking so long to get back.

ton 12:00 11 Aug 2003

Are you sure you haven't got a game port? Even with onboard sound you can still have one. I would look again on the back of your PC to make sure. If you are certain there isn't a gameport, then buy a cheap soundcard.

frior-one 12:26 11 Aug 2003

yes...there is definatley not one. i am looking at the possibility of a pci gamport card.

jazzypop 19:44 11 Aug 2003

Note that XP expects peripherals such as joysticks, yokes and wheels to be connected via USB - the gameport is rapidly becoming obsolete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone