1394 V LAN

perplexed user 11:27 21 Sep 2006

I have a small wireless home network.
My laptop connects fine and shows the 1394 connection and also my wireless network connection and am able to connect to the internet without a problem.
On my desktop I am unable to connect, this is despite having created a network file to export my notebook settings to my desktop. It still fails to connect due to not being able to create the 1394 connection. As a consequence I am unable to bridge connections and get connected.
I have tried also repair, and also tried exporting my settings from my notebook, create nw connection and all the wizards etc - all to no avail.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DieSse 11:45 21 Sep 2006

1394 is actually FireWire, not what is generally known as LAN or Ethernet. In the XP control Panel it's shown as Local Area Connection.

Have you got a Firewall running - if so temporarily disable it.

Are you trying to connect your desktop via Wireless too - or via cable

perplexed user 12:04 21 Sep 2006

Thanks - I'm tring to connect wirelessly also and have turned off the FW. I'm running XP home.
Regarding the 1394 thats the only diference I can see between the two computers. Although on my desktop (which is not connecting)it shows newwork cable unplugged and I seem unable to resolve that.
Basically my notebook shows WLAN Ok LAN Ok and the 1394 Ok. My PC shows LAN crossed through but WLAN okay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires