1394 Connection & Scansoft FTP

chub_tor 12:26 21 May 2005

I have noticed just recently that I have acquired a new connection in my Network Connections folder called 1394 Connection and a 1394 Adapter (connected and firewalled). Plus a new folder click here in My Network places.

I don't know where they came from, except that I recently had to download an update for Microsoft Framework.Net (Version 1.1) so that I could use the new Catalyst drivers for my ATI Radeon graphics card.

These new items don't seem to affect my operation, but if I don't need them I would like to delete them. Does anyone know if these two items are connected and if it is safe to delete them?

Thanks

bremner 12:36 21 May 2005

1394 is your Firewire connection

DieSse 13:13 21 May 2005

Scansoft FTP is likely the FTP program that Scansoft supply with Paperport - so it's to do with your scanner, and nothing to do with the FireWire connection.

chub_tor 14:21 21 May 2005

Thanks guys, I figured out just after posting that the 1394 connection was Firewire - I had forgotten that I installed a PCI card with USB2 and Firewire outputs a couple of weeks back.

I thinkk the Scansoft folder may have come from their site when I was searching for Omnipage OCR updates.

Guess I'll just leave them be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?