+12v and 3.3v out of threshold- is that the psu

Leslie-212488 18:02 20 Feb 2009

Hi, all
Asus probe monitoring, has detected that the +12v and the 3.3v lines are out of threshold.
Is this a power supply problem, or do i need to look elsewhere, like the motherboard or CPU.

Thanks in advance for your help

desboy

MarvintheAndroid 18:15 20 Feb 2009

Are you having any crashes or other problems ?

woodchip 19:20 20 Feb 2009

They do not run Exact on those, as a + - tolerance is allowed for in Components to run safely

Leslie-212488 17:59 21 Feb 2009

HI, Woodchip,
from the readings i am getting, it looks like they are way out of tolerance. I have not had any crashes, but the machine has definetly slowed down.
The readings are +16.6v anf 6.5v respectively.
Do these seems a bit high? The fan speeds are also fluctuating.
Best course of action?

desboy

woodchip 18:33 21 Feb 2009

You are right, you need a new PSU before it does any Damage

nepakabintas 19:05 21 Feb 2009

hello! i just discovered a brand new site and i really felt like sharing with you!
click here - it is a penny auction, where you can buy all brand new items like laptops, iPod's, LCD TV's, Nintendo Wii, digital camera's, PC and even cars! for a few pennies. IT IS REALLY MAD! but it is true, come and take a look and register. Registration only takes couple of minutes, and in few moments you my win a brand new laptop or TV!
it is all in here - click here - i am waiting for you, Don't miss this chance to grab a superb bargain for a few pennies. click here
thank you, yours sincerely Thomas Cook.

Leslie-212488 15:42 12 Mar 2009

Hi, problem solved. Purchased a psu off ebay.
It was listed as "ultra quiet"? But of course it's not.
Has any one bought a quiet PSU recently, if so where?

Grateful

des

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?