128Mb SD Card

phonix_monkey 20:13 10 Mar 2004

I just put my SD MMC card into the card reader and it asked me if i wanted to format it, so i did cos otherwise it wouldnt read it...and now the capacity is FAT 512Kb instead of 128Mb!!! whats going on?

Diodorus Siculus 21:56 10 Mar 2004

Can you format it in the item it is made for, ie camera etc?

phonix_monkey 22:08 10 Mar 2004

its through a pda and it was fine in there, but the comp wanted it formatted its soooo frustrating...just bought software for dvd to pocket pc movie as well!!! ahhh

Diodorus Siculus 22:12 10 Mar 2004

It should format in the PDA and be recognisable within windows. Is this not happening?

phonix_monkey 09:34 11 Mar 2004

no it doesnt format in the Pda, (pda had pocket pc2002). windows does recognise it but only with a 512kb memory instead of a 128Mb memory....it was working yeaterday.

is there a special kit of software that restores SD MMC memory? i was looking on download.com by no joy..

any ideas?

Stuartli 09:55 11 Mar 2004

You should never format or delete pix on a memory card whilst it is connected to your system - only do this on the camera itself.

You should also never connect/disconnect whilst the camera is still transferring data; usually there is a flashing small light to indicate that it is still operational.

A thought is that the mechanical write/protect switch on the card to prevent accidental erasures may be enabled; it's similar to the one you find on a floppy and usually there is a "Lock" arrow to indicate the required direction.

ton 12:18 11 Mar 2004

Try this click here

phonix_monkey 14:33 11 Mar 2004

ill have a look l8rs...thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?