123 reg scam

Vyppa 13:14 31 Aug 2008

I have my site hosted by these people and recently tried to import another domain name which cost £9.99 + vat, when you click confirm it states an error has occured and to click again.....you've guessed it....it charges you each time you click....

if you want your money back you have to ring them at 10p per minute, if you do they will keep you on hold for ages clocking up a nice profit for them. if you email them they act daft and keep sending conformations and if you don't email them again they close the case.

steer clear of these leeches, i'm taking legal action

walesrob 23:01 31 Aug 2008

Although 123-reg have had troubles in the past, I have found things have improved a lot. I've had to contact support a few times recently, and each time, the issue was resolved. I have also moved 20 domains to 123-reg in the last few months, all went through very smoothly. I don't have the answer to your problem, but did you not double check your "shopping basket" before you completed the checkout process?

Vyppa 17:36 01 Sep 2008

and quacks like a duck, then its a duck.......i have requested they return my money and spent more doing so and they still have not returned my cash.

so if 123 want to go to court then i'm all ready

sorry if i have offended anyone

Forum Editor 23:12 01 Sep 2008

and recommending that others steer clear of them breaks two forum rules in one sentence. You've had a bad experience, so you automatically assume that everyone else will have the same.

This company provides a cheap, no frills hosting service, and although it has certainly come in for its fair share of criticism in the past it also gets a reasonable amount of praise. When selecting a hosting company it's worth remembering that it's a very tough market sector, and there's a good deal of cut-price competition. If you want bells and whistles they'll come at a slighty greater cost.

By all means air your complaints here, but moderate your choice of words when doing so. We'll have no more comments like the ones in your opening post, please.

Vyppa 06:01 02 Sep 2008

It won't happen again

Forum Editor 18:59 02 Sep 2008

for that response. I'm not in any way trying to stop you complaining, so go ahead if you still aren't happy about the service you've received.

Shayan 21:09 05 Oct 2011

Excuse me forum editer, but are you using sarcasm to the gentleman? Because I too have been scammed by this service and am taking legal action, so I would rather have my freedom of speech by telling users the potential threats they face by using the service, and if you believe "so you automatically assume that everyone else will have the same" well then I find the people reading his statement lack common sense to realize the first thing you read isn't always the truth... Although in this case he is right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?