12 month webhost subscriptions?

Camille 09:38 15 Dec 2004

Because of the way my school funds projects, although I have been given the go ahead to set up a website, I cannot pay by direct debit or credit card! Instead, my school wants to pay by cheque for 12 months in one go. I had wanted to go with 1 & 1's business pro package, but they only accept credit cards.
Any suggestions?

Taran 13:50 17 Dec 2004

Have you tried Easynet at all ?

click here

They have a long history in education and local government. I've not had dealings with them for the last 18 months or so, but you couild always ask them about billing options for the public sector.

From memory I already know that they used to offer payment options to public sector clients. Whether they still do I'm not certain, and I doubt that you'll find a counterpart product of theirs for the same cost as 1&1 MS Business Pro, but it may be an option if all else fails.

Having said that, have you tried the LEA at all ?

Most schools have their ISP arranged by or through the LEA, but all schools also have their own address along the lines of schoolname, county reference and .sch.uk suffix, along these lines:

http: // www . school-name . northumberland . sch . uk/ or http: // www . school-name . worcs . sch.uk

If you ask around and do a bit of nosing you could find yourself coming up trumps.

Your local authority ICT advisory team (aka tech support) should be able to help with this.

Taran 13:57 17 Dec 2004

You don't mention which area you are in.

If you can do that without necessarily being too specific (county name will do) one of us may be able to help further. I've had dealings in the past with schools, colleges and outreach centres and I suspect one or two other forum members will have similar experience.

T

mac_gyver 14:49 17 Dec 2004

Get in touch with me and I can arrange my company LongSited Web Design to host your site for you. We will accept cheques!

Tim Atherton
timatherton at longsited.com
0845 226 0189
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?