100 pics to a DVD player? A simple way please?

Diemmess 11:54 03 Jul 2009

About 100 of the best snaps of a family event this week will play as a slideshow on most computers.

Others involved only want a DVD they can play on a normal player.

I've never done this, what is the minimalist way to do it please?

mooly 12:12 03 Jul 2009

If it's Vista you have everything needed to make a slideshow DVD to play on any player.

johndrew 12:18 03 Jul 2009

Most DVD players will recognise jpgs in a file and provide the option to play them either individually or as a slideshow for which the viewed time can be set on a rough scale.

You should be able to put all your pictures on a single CD rather than using a DVD.

norman47 13:11 03 Jul 2009
  Diemmess 13:46 03 Jul 2009

Re-cap

Using XP pro
One DVD player I have is a Panasonic digital tuner with HD as well, but my DVD which runs on the PC is ignored by this recorder/player

Picasa looks very promising but the can movies it makes be transferred to a DVD?

jack 14:15 03 Jul 2009

Does need an external software to burn DVD's
This is very good and Free

click here

jack 14:19 03 Jul 2009

And make a slide show with dissolves and music and all that jazz
Microsofts - Photo Story for Windows Free download

click here.
limited for 50 slides and no music for trial for 45days.
If you like it - £20 or less to buy

Border View 14:29 03 Jul 2009

Have you looked at this click here You might get some helpful pointers. Good luck.

johndrew 16:59 03 Jul 2009

You confuse me.

On the one hand you ask for a `minimalist way` to show photos on both a PC and a DVD player and yet you appear intent on producing a slideshow with authoring software.

As you are aware the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (included with XP and probably with Vista) will show all photos with a simple click once the disk and file is identified, and as I said most DVD players will recognise jpgs in a file on the same disk. The disk can be produced by using a burner and simply dragging and dropping the file to a blank CD.

If you want an `automatic` way of producing a slideshow then perhaps Nero Vision Express click here would simplify things.

Diemmess 20:29 03 Jul 2009

I admit to probably the most clumsy statement I've ever made!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One DVD player I have is a Panasonic digital tuner with HD as well, but my DVD which runs on the PC is ignored by this recorder/player"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scrap that and read:

A simple copy of all the pictures burned to a DVD disk, plays well on any computer.
The same disk is not recognised in a Panasonic freeview box which has a DVD player/recorder, as well as a large HD and SD card slot.

I have no ambition to build fancy DVD productions and only want a simple way to burn to a format which a stand alone DVD player will recognise.

johndrew 20:40 03 Jul 2009

Ah, now I see the problem.

Which type of DVD disk are you using? I ask because there are two types `-` R or RW and `+` R or RW. If the former it may not be recognised by your player if it is not finalised.

Needless to say this problem doesn`t exist with CDs.

You should also check what formats the player accepts. Some are very limited and will only `see` `+` DVDs. Details should be in the manual or online. I doubt the tuner has any effect whatsoever.

Any help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017