10 microsoft updates and problems

Ventad 16:18 12 Dec 2007

1 hour ago I downloaded the 10 updates, closed down computer and restarted found that I could not get back onto the internet. even tried resetting Alcatel Speedtouch connection, No good had to restore to before updates. Anyone had this problem? or no how to overcome it (vista OS)

Ventad 16:25 12 Dec 2007

Just looked at windows update states that I am uptodate. Look at history and the 10 downloaded updates are still there and downloaded successfully, Even though I restored to that time of downloading would they still be there?

woodchip 16:29 12 Dec 2007

there are 11 not 10

Ventad 16:40 12 Dec 2007

just checked windows update I need to download those 10 again. doing it bit by bit now. can not find thother one to make 11, perhaps I had already had it downloaded in auto.

woodchip 16:46 12 Dec 2007

you my not need the other one

anskyber 16:51 12 Dec 2007

My 10 on Vista went in without a hitch.

The updates for my wife's XP laptop went in but there was no internet connection afterwards. The reason was that she runs ZoneAlarm security suite and authorities had to be granted for the browser to use the connection, once done all was well.

I have taken both machines off auto update in favour of download and ask. This allows me to be at the machine to grant any security consents as the updates are installed.

Ventad 17:17 12 Dec 2007

I have got the 10 in now ok by splitting them up in their respective groups and down loading manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?