0909 numbers STOP

Log 16:10 14 Mar 2004

I have had two identical 0909 numbers which have been identified as adult sites. Apparently no one in this household has used those numbers.On each occasion the computer was connected to the Internet. Assuming the innocence of this household is there any way of baring such sites? BT have a barred system but not Onetel - which is my service provider. So far £36 for two calls is too much! Is there any software that I can use?
Art For

Indigo 1 16:15 14 Mar 2004

Adaware from click here

Spybot S&D from click here

Update both and run them both.

Indigo 1 16:18 14 Mar 2004

Also want to mention Spywareblaster from click here to stop that sort of thing getting into your PC in the first place.

It is a good idea to run AdAware and SpyBot once a month or so to keep a check on things, it's surprising how many of these Diallers can "migrate" to your PC without your knowledge or permission.

bremner 16:21 14 Mar 2004

What you have is a spyware program called a 'dialer' on your machine. The two programs recommended by Indigo1 will hopefully clean your system.

Log 18:14 14 Mar 2004

Thanks Indigo & bremner.I will follow your helpful advice and watch carefully my phone bill to see if I can now keep clear. At least you have answerer one important question. ie how has this adult site found its way onto my billing. Thanks.
Art

cycoze 20:51 14 Mar 2004

Not all dialers are picked up by Spybot etc , Dialer Control click here is a good little program for stopping anything dialing out.

The site is in German , however when installing the program you have the option for English .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017