Xbox 360

crosstrainer 20:18 29 Jul 2009

Sorry for starting another thread, but being a complete newbie ti this I do need a bit of help :))

Have so far:

Unpacked, and read through the instruction manuals.

My next door neighbors teenage son then came in, went through all the menus at a speed I can only describe as Light x 2

In essence, he registered, the machine then asked me what kind of games I enjoyed. Being somewhat distracted by the dogs and his Mother I gave him an overview.

I appear to be downloading Race driver GRId, Battlestations Midway, And various others.

He seems to think that starting off with Resident Evil Would be A learning curve.

I have a head set, wireless etc.etc.

It's connected to HDMI1 Seems fine but would like a mic. check if anyone is around.

Impressive bit of kit, but must admit, not something I have ever owned.. And they do seem to have come a long way since the old Cartridge game things (hangs head, it was the last one I had)

Any help most appreciated.

crosstrainer 23:32 29 Jul 2009

The last couple of hours playing pool! (I know sounds boring) But it's good to get used to the controller with.

Have Demos of a couple of racing games, but am rubbish at playing them...I WILL learn.

Have not even unwrapped Resident Evil yet, as I have a feeling I need to get better with the control set first.

I have 2 wireless control pads, and (a warning would have been nice) they are force feedback :))

Guess you all knew that and kept me in the dark:))

Currently downloading a "Sam saves the world game" Seems best to keep it simple for the time being, although I may buy the racing game later....

It could be a long night!!

dagnammit 10:56 30 Jul 2009

"I have a head set, wireless etc.etc.

It's connected to HDMI1 Seems fine but would like a mic. check if anyone is around."

Isn't the mic built into the headset? On our 60gb pro it is.

"I have 2 wireless control pads, and (a warning would have been nice) they are force feedback :))

Guess you all knew that and kept me in the dark:))"

LOL, sorry, all the consoles have it. You can deactivate the rumble if you don't like it. It's under Personal Settings on the dash.

crosstrainer 13:06 31 Jul 2009

Yes mate it was " mic check" i was asking about :))

crosstrainer 13:18 31 Jul 2009

user name icore.

I will connect the mic when I get a messgage...Bear in mind, I am a learner (with BIG L plates!)

dagnammit 18:25 31 Jul 2009

icore? You have a friend request.

crosstrainer 21:12 31 Jul 2009

HOW dO i RESPOND?

crosstrainer 21:16 31 Jul 2009

Am online but can see no friends requests?

dagnammit 22:26 31 Jul 2009

scroll up to my xbox> move right to "your ID" signed in> press A, then go to messages> left to friends.

crosstrainer 07:11 01 Aug 2009

Thanks for that, had a game of pool online with someone, but was not added to my friends list, will have a look at settings later :))

crosstrainer 09:31 01 Aug 2009

Have used your user name here and added as a friend..If that's wrong yellow envolope?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?