windows 7 compatable ?

acceptmyname 14:39 12 Nov 2009

Hi I am thinking of upgrading to windows 7 and was wondering would my games I p-lay now COD 4 and Halo 1 in particular still run with this OS

mr simon 01:39 13 Nov 2009

Not sure about Halo but I can vouch for COD4.

BigRik 17:59 20 Nov 2009

Greetings.

I was in my local Game shop today to pick up a pre-ordered copy of Saw for PC, which was released today. They haven't yet taken delivery on PC format, but suggested I try their other store upstairs in Debenhams. They didn't have it either, and in fact, haven't had much in for the PC lately. I was advised to try Gamestation. They don't have it on PC either. In fact I'm almost sure the assistant in Gamestation stopped short of calling me some sort of weirdo for still wanting a game on the PC and not a console!!

One thing I've noticed in all these stores though, is that their PC sections are tiny!

Is the PC gaming market being wiped out by the consoles? The graphics card manufacturers are still falling over themselves to produce the best card, so perhaps they don't see it disappearing any time soon, but are the developers beginning to overlook us in favour of the console?

BigRik 18:03 20 Nov 2009

I meant to start this as a new thread, and have now done so.

Sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?