why wont my game work

amandaa 20:46 18 May 2009

Hi, i have mystery case files ravenhearst on disk and it will let me install but when i try to play it, a message comes up saying that it has stopped working and microsoft are trying to find a solution to the problem (which it doesnt find one.) I have tried every compatibilty mode i have reebooted, have tried it with all anti virus turned off, ive selected show hidden files, i have tried everything i can think of bt nothing seems to work, can anyone advise on what to do?
Thanks, amanda.

grey george 21:37 18 May 2009

Sounds like a compatibilty problem although the system requirements are low. I guess your running vista. I don,t think you need a internet connection to play this so I would stop all other programmes that are running (kill of every thing in the system tray) and see if it runs. You try running it in safe mode.

Bob The Blob 21:56 18 May 2009

Uninstall and reinstall?
I'm guessing you are using Vista.

amandaa 22:00 18 May 2009

Yes im on vista i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but it didnt work, how do i kill of everything in the system tray and play it in safe mode?

Bob The Blob 22:09 18 May 2009

Install the latest DirectX from microsoft and see if that helps.

To get into the Windows Vista Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

amandaa 23:27 18 May 2009

Ive installed the latest DirectX and tried the safe mode and none of it worked, i dont know what else to try.

Kevscar1 07:51 19 May 2009

Have you checked to see if there are any game patches for it.

Bob The Blob 08:12 19 May 2009

Install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

tullie 15:09 19 May 2009

It works ok with my Vista machine,have you tried it in compatibility mode?

tullie 11:34 20 May 2009

Thread is ticked,how was it resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?