Test your Graphics card,

wolfie3000 10:13 29 Apr 2009

I was looking for some real-time benchmarking software as i recently updated my graphics drivers and came across furmark.

click here

Its a great little program that uses a big 3D fuzzy doughnut to benchmark your card,
Small and gives you useful real-time data on your cards performance.

Unlike some other 3D benchmarking software it doesn't take up alot of space on your hard drive,
I happily recommend it.

Rigga 14:31 29 Apr 2009

Quite nice and definitely small for a benchmark program.

However it only tests OpenGL performance, and as such is not a particularly good indicator of games performance, most of which use DirectX.

Still the furry doughnut is quite relaxing to watch :)

R.

Kevscar1 18:57 29 Apr 2009

doesn't test dual cards either

wolfie3000 05:44 30 Apr 2009

Well although it does have its faults, its free and doesn't take up much space on the hard drive,
If your wanting a more advanced program then buying 3Dmark would be a better option but its huge and isn't free.

Furmark is a good little program for comparing graphics cards in my opinion.

Did i mention its free.

Armchair 10:27 30 Apr 2009

What's the point of it? I know what my old 7900GS is capable of, because I've tried games and demos. with it.

OTT_Buzzard 10:49 30 Apr 2009

tests DirectX 9, multi GPU performance and a limited amout of CPU performance. Downside is that its a 580MB download.

Still only a 'synthetic' benchmark though. I tend to use it to compare new graphics driver releases.

click here

mrwoowoo 18:50 30 Apr 2009

Easiest way to check your GPU or new driver is to have fraps running whilst gaming.
Then you can monitor your frames per second whilst playing a game,which lets face it ,is the main reason to test it.

mrwoowoo 18:51 30 Apr 2009

Oh.
And it's only a 1MB download.

OTT_Buzzard 18:57 30 Apr 2009

fps s one reason, but my system is quite heavily overclocked. 3DM06 provides a good stress test for the system and means i can work out a new stable graphics overclock. Will try Fraps and see what its like.

Devil Fish 21:59 01 May 2009

the point is if you are overclocking your hardware benchmarking gives you an idea of stability and performance gains

Si_L 20:49 03 May 2009

Is it free?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?